CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom and "On Deck" E-mail from AWAA

We love you and miss you, Momma!

Today would have been Mom's 57th birthday. Earlier today, Daddy delivered one dozen beautiful pink roses to her grave. Leigh and I went this afternoon and put a new bouquet of mixed flowers in the vase on her headstone. It's been a hard day because we miss her so much.

On a lighter note, once I got back to the office we received an e-mail from America World stating that we are "on deck" for a referral to be received in April or May! How fitting for this e-mail to arrive today because this would have definitely been an event that Mom would have celebrated and have been so excited about. My heart hurts in that I would give anything to be able to share this news with her!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Erica..
I would not be surprised if your Mom had something to do with the referral email showing up on her birthday! I'm sure that she knows!

Take care! :)

Unknown said...

I have a feeling your Momma is watching your journey to adoption progress with bated breath and a beautiful smile on her face. :)

Jean said...

Hey my friend, I am with you in this ... as you may know, my momma died a month ago very suddenly and unexpectedly. It is still so hard to believe. She too was following our adoption SO closely and couldn't wait to be there at the airport when we arrived home. I too miss her SO much and know excactly how you are feeling. I am so sorry Erica! My mom's birthday is this Saturday and she would be 59. The grief runs so deep!! But I know she is now dancing with Jesus and talking to him about our daughter. I'm sure your mom is right there too just praising over your daughter!!

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!