CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're Getting Restless

Well, the referrals are really rolling-in this week so that brings us closer and closer to the top! Right now, there are two families ahead of us (that we know of) in line for a baby girl.....my nerves are shot! I've set both our cell phones on a special ring for our agency, and Jason told his supervisor and other co-workers that if the phone rings and someone asks for "Larry" then they mean him (that's his first name). Our counter today reads 2 years and 7 months since we officially started this adoption journey with America World - it seems like decades! It's hard to believe that we actually traveled to Ukraine in 2007 and came home without a child - God is truly healing our hearts after that life changing adventure....maybe one day soon I will be able to unpack the suitcases that were meant for our child(ren) without shedding buckets of tears for all those children who were being held hostage in orphanages and not given a chance at a forever family.

Just last night, Ashton was kinda quiet during prayer time and when I asked him what was wrong, he stated that his heart was so lonely for Julianna. He said, "I've prayed and prayed and I just want to see her pretty face." All I could say was, "I know, son, but we just have to be patient and wait on Jesus because He knows the exact day when we will see Sissy's face for the first time and the exact day when she will come home to us." This wait is getting harder and harder on all of us! I can't wait for the day (hopefully very, very soon) when I will pick him up from daycare and be able to share that we received a referral call and that we can finally see her face!

2 comments:

Hollands said...

That Ashton is such a sweetheart. I'm so excited for ALL of you to get to see your precious girl's face. It will be soon!

Anonymous said...

Erica,

Allyson sent us this link and I have checked it every day to monitor your progress toward your baby girl. I pray that you will see her little face very soon. But, in the mean time I pray that you continue to lean on Jesus for he does have the perfect time set for you to see the perfect little girl he has chosen just for you.

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!