CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update on Baby Girl and Julianna Ashure

When I spoke with our family coordinator yesterday, she stated that she would call me back if Baby Girl had to go back on the feeding tube or got worse. I haven't heard from her at all today, so I'm taking that as a good sign. We certainly appreciate and covet your prayers. I will tell you that when I got out of court yesterday around 12:30 p.m. and heard the solemn voicemail requesting that I call our agency, my stomach went to my throat. I thought I was truly going to be sick until I was able to talk to our coordinator at 2:18. As hard as I tried not to worry, I kept thinking back to the dreaded call that we received on July 10th stating Ashure had died. I really did some heavy duty praying and appreciate those of you who were praying right along with me. Yesterday was one of those days when I REALLY needed my momma - she was an awesome prayer warrior!

On a positive note, we received a copy of Julianna Ashure's adoption papers, her statement of death, and 3 pictures of her with her birth mother on our court date of July 6! I was so excited to get this info! I never dreamed I would receive a picture of her birth mother and was ecstatic when I opened the files. Ashure looked just like her mother - absolutely beautiful! God is just so wonderful!

Please keep Baby Girl in your prayers. We are hoping that the days pass quickly until we can bring her home!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Erica,
I read your update last night but did not have time to post a comment. I have been praying lots for you, your family and sweet baby girl.
What a blessing to have the pictures of Juliana with her birth mother.
I pray for your faith and strength and hope and joy and a peace that goes beyond all understanding.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Jean said...

Praying mightily for you all the time! I keep checking back for updates ;) ... (thank you for updating!!) How great God is to send you the blessed information about Julianna and her birth mom ... very sweet.

covering you and baby girl Reed in prayer!!

JC

Lisa said...

Have been reading your story, best of luck to your family, she is an adorable little girl, huge beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile. I'm sure she couldn't be more blessed and loved to come to your home. We have just started an adoption process so a long time to go yet!! Good Luck :)

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!