CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Little Man" Is On A Mission - To Bring His Sissy Home




Yesterday, Ashton's PaPa Tudor picked him up from daycare for an afternoon of fun. Ashton received the above-pictured (sorry for the quality but it was taken on a picture phone) pedal airplane two Christmases ago but his legs are just now long enough for him to actually pedal. Yesterday, he took his first true pedal right in the airplane and had a blast!


Well, yesterday morning we found out that one of Jason's cousins is having another baby. She has a 3 year old son, Reed, who is about 1 1/2 months older than Ashton. Last night when we were saying our prayers together, I told Ashton that Reed's mommy has a baby in her tummy and that Reed is going to have a little brother or sister. I wanted to make sure that we prayed for the new baby and Reed's mommy. I never dreamed Ashton would get upset because he absolutely adores babies. Well, tears began to fall down his little cheeks. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he wanted Julianna to come home to him. He said that it wasn't fair that Reed gets a baby and his sissy is still in Ethiopia playing hide and seek. Oh boy, did I feel really bad because I had no idea that Ashton was still so upset about having to wait so long for his sissy. I reminded Ashton that God still didn't have his sissy ready to come to America, so we will have to wait a little longer. He said that he was sad and that he was going to ride his plane to Ethiopia to get his sissy!



Note
: For those of you who don't know about our hide and seek analogy, that's how we tried to explain to Ashton why we traveled to Ukraine to find his sissy and now are going to Ethiopia to get her. If you click on the link to our Ukrainian blog on the right side of the main page, you can read the entry entitled "Talking to Ashton".

1 comments:

ethiHOPEia said...

Wow! I just read several posts about your other adoption in Ukraine. I am so encouraged to see your love for the Lord, your willingness to keep pushing on despite all the odds thrown at you! My heart hurts to know how hard it must have been for you to see those two little girls and know they weren't yours. Praise the Lord for your testimony!
May the Lord pave a smooth path for you in this Ethiopian adoption!
Blessings,
Hilary

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!