CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Travel Delayed - Prayers Please (Again)

We received a call from our agency this afternoon stating that we will not be traveling in July and at best, we will leave on August 8. Apparently, the department that processes the post-court documentation is taking a 2 week break for training. So, we were told to get the prayers going that when they reopen on Friday, July 24, that the new birth certificate will be completed. We have to have it in order to get an Embassy appointment. So, we need it done on July 24 or at the latest on Tuesday, July 28.

Also, we were told to get started on airline reservations because it is very likely that if we wait, then we will have difficulty getting tickets if we do get to leave on August 8. Of course, there are fees associated with cancelled or rearranged flights, so that's more $$$$$$$ but God always provides and has been known to stir hearts so that fees are waived! The good thing is that if we leave on the 8th, we will be returning home to the US on Jason's birthday - what a birthday present that would be for him to be able to have his daughter in his arms!

So, please join us in praying that the paperwork will be done by July 28th and that we can get a fast Embassy appointment after that!

4 comments:

Kari said...

I heard the awful news today from Kim Gillman :( I'm soooo sorry for this RIDICULOUS delay!! I'm praying for mighty miracles for my AW families. Stay strong. Hold on tight.
We are praying!
xoxo

Kari said...

Erica, come on over & get your raffle ticket for Mr. Ipod Touch.... it will cheer you up if you win BIG:)) LOL
I'm praying!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Erica-

I am sorry to hear of the delay. I know how frustrating those are! Just know that August will be here before you know it! You have been waiting sooooo long, so another week or two is such a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. Once you get Julianna in your arms you will forget all about the additional wait. And as you know, better than a lot of people, God has a reason for his timing! We are praying that the paperwork will be done in time and that you can travel ASAP!

Mayme said...

I remember the delays right before we left for Emma. I didn't think we were going to travel with our group and it was so frustrating. Praise God we didn't have to wait afterall! Hang in there my friend. It will work out in God's time. Your girl will be home soon and then let the fun begin! These girls are something else:)
Mayme and Bo

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!