When we first got Rohama home, she would eat and then go right to sleep for hours. We were told by the staff in ET that she was a wonderful sleeper and never fussed a bit about bedtime - well, that was before her heart condition was detected and she started on meds! One way that we know her heart is improving is that she doesn't eat and fall right to sleep anymore. Before, her heart had to work so hard just to take a bottle that she was outright exhausted. Now, she doesn't want to go to sleep at all and fights it with everything in her little body. Tonight, I thought she was about asleep, so I sat down in the floor at the end of her crib and just waited to make sure that she wasn't going to get upset (we can't allow her to cry a lot because it raises her heart rate and this is dangerous for her as it is still not within normal limits). She got very, very quiet and I could feel that strange sensation that you get when someone is staring at you. I looked up and this is what I saw:
Well, we worked little bit more towards going to bed and then I left her music on and left the room. She was very quiet again, so I went back in to check on her and as I opened the half-closed door, I saw this:
She waved at me and said, "Hi" with a huge grin. I just shook my head and laughed. Over the last couple of days, she has learned to pull herself up and is doing great supporting herself on what used to be jello legs. She is such a joy. On Christmas Eve, Ashton was kissing on her and said, "She's so beautiful. Can we keep her?" I have such wonderful children!



9 comments:
I laughed out loud! What a beautiful little girl and how fun to have humor in life!
Melodie
Too cute!
Happy New Year:)
O.K., you got me to laugh outloud with those photos :).
So glad little Maura is gaining strength.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi
Wow! She is doing great! Can you believe the improvement? It's hard to believe this is the same tiny baby I held in August. What a sweet little thing.
Your children are both beautiful. I love that little smile in that second picture. She is definitely getting stronger.
She is scrumptious!!! Just want to eat her up she is too cute!! So glad she is feeling good enough to get into mischief. Gotta love a spunky baby!
:)Kristi W.
Love seeing her precious personality coming through! She's got a persevering spirit--- can't wait to see how God continues to use it! so beautiful!
Erica,
She is so beautiful!
Wow!Aren't those "mommy moments" this best! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. She is truly beautiful.
Post a Comment