CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Our Princess is with the King of Kings and Granny Tudor in Heaven

We will love you forever, Baby Girl!
April 3, 2009 - July 10, 2009
3 mos. old



It is with a very heavy heart that I type this message. We received a call from our agency about an hour ago stating that she had some very important information to share with our family. I could tell by her voice that things were really bad. She didn't want to tell me because she couldn't get Jason on the line but I told her that I simply could not wait as he wasn't going to be able to be reached for several more hours. She said that on Tuesday, Ashure started having severe diarrhea so they had her examined and no infection could be detected even with the stool sample, but she was placed on antibiotics for precautionary reasons. She then developed pneumonia on Wednesday or Thursday and never got any better. When she was taken to the hospital this morning, she still had severe diarrhea and pneumonia but her little body shut down due to sepsis.

We are absolutely heartbroken. I keep thinking, how am I going to tell Ashton (our 4 year old son). He has been praying for his baby sister for 3 years and is so excited to finally have a face to kiss as night when he says his prayers. My Mom died just 8 months ago from sepsis that set-in very quickly as well, so this is all so overwhelming for us. I find comfort in that the Pritchett family was able to hold her earlier this week and bring her our care package which included pics of our family so at least she got to see our faces if only in picture.

Well, she is now in the presence of our Lord. I don't really understand a lot about how Heaven works and if we will know one another as Mom and Dad and daughter but right now it brings me comfort to think that maybe we will. I can't wait to see my baby but at least I know that she is with our Lord and between Him and my mom, they can take turns holding her until it is my turn to pass through those gates. The only people who love Ashure more than me, Jason, and Ashton are Christ and my mother so at least she is waiting for us there and she has finally found her Forever Family - today that phrase has a whole new meaning for me.

I know God knew this was going to happen all along but my heart is absolutely crushed. He will bring us through this time with strength, love, and faith that only He can provide. How blessed we were to be able to love our little girl even if we only saw her face for a short time because she was loved even before conception - first by Christ and then by us. I will venture to say that she is one of the most loved and sought after little girls that ever lived.

We will continue our adoption journey but no child will ever replace that of Julianna Ashure Deborah Reed. Please pray for healing within our hearts and peace. It's not always easy following God's will or understanding it but we must trust Him completely. In Christ alone, we will make it through this day and be able to praise Him for the blessing of our daughter whom we loved with all our heart even though she was half-way around the world.


"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

33 comments:

Amy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Erica (and family).

I am so sorry.

Renee' said...

Oh,ERICA!! What a long hard journey the Lord has had for you! I am heartbroken with you to hear this news. I have no words. May you find comfort, peace, and healing in time.

Kris said...

Erica, my heart is broken for you. Praying comfort and love over you as you grieve. I know no words can make a diffence in what you are going through but please know that I am praying for you and thinking of you and you family tonight.
Kris

Anonymous said...

Erica, Jason and Ashton-

Our hearts are breaking for you. I don't know what to say except that we are praying for you. I know Julianna is up in heaven with your mom and she is watching you and she knows how much she was loved.

God bless,
Kelly, Robert and Nathan

Unknown said...

Oh Erica...I don't know what to say. My heart is just breaking as I type this. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Caroline said...

Your crushing heartbreak is our tears and prayer for you. We are holding you, Jason, and Ashton up in prayer as you grieve for your daughter. May God's Spirit of Comfort beyond understanding be your stronghold right now.

beBOLDjen said...

Erica my heart is SO HEAVY for you guys today. I am so, so very sorry. We are praying for you as you walk throught his incredible loss.

Jim Tudor said...

Julianna,

I am sorry regretful that I never had the opportunity to HOLD You and spoil you here..You were Loved beyond my capabilities to put into words at this time. I know that you were a special child and that Our family was so much looking to get you back home to us..You are there in Heaven with your Grannie..I liked to think that god had called Grannie home to help pick you out for us..maybe now it was to help look after you and GIVE YOUR GRANNIE the desire of her heart to hold and love on you every day/Night..Tell Grannie we all miss her and to take care and we will be seeing you at the feet of Jesus when he sees fit for us to come home Love you Baby girl..

Erica, Jason and Ashton I don't have words that can express my feelings for yall and the difficult and disappointing time that you are facing at this time..I'm here for yall..Yall are have served and followed God so faithfully and I know He is going to Bless yal all the days of your life..Keep the Faith and continue following Christ on you sorjourn here..we all will be together again one day!!

Love yall
Dad/Papa

Sherry said...

Erica - No words are adequate to express how heartbroken I am for you! God has asked you to walk such a long and hard journey and you have been so faithful. I cannot comprehend your grief and weariness. I am praying that the God of all peace will give you comfort during these extremely difficult days. We are holding you up in prayer. Hugs and Blessings, Sherry Semlow

Janet said...

Praying for your family. My heart is heavy for you, yet your words and perspective were so beautiful. Turn your eyes upon Him, even though they're full of tears. Praying,
Janet

Elsie and Fritz said...

Erica, Jason & Ashton, Our hearts are so so heavy for you right now. Only God knows and understands the reason for this that you are having to go through. Everyone down here are praying for your family. We love you all

Kristen said...

Erica, Jason & Ashton,
I am so sorry for your loss. You have dealt with trial after trial and though it may be difficult to see what God has planned for your family, know that it will be great. You have been faithful to Him and you will be greatly blessed. I am praying that you find peace and comfort in the Lord.


Praying!
Kristen

"Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families."

Psalms 68:5-6

Anonymous said...

Erica,
My heart is broken for you and your family. I weep with you yet rejoice in your deep and abiding faith in the only ONE who can get you through this. I KNOW God will bring beauty from these ashes...but for now...I pray He holds you closer than ever as you grieve. We will continue to pray for you in Knoxville!!!

Peace that only He can give,
Beth Hamilton

Kimberly Kulp said...

Reed Family,
What can we say to you as all of our hearts break? I do not think it is a coincidence that the song "You Are Good" is playing as I type. I am tempted today to doubt that but I know that you are so faithful, so strong, so determined to serve your Lord that this sadness will not overtake you. I pray you are resting in the arms of your Lord, sinking into His chest, crying to Him. When we lost my sister at 19 to drunk driving we were lost, without understanding. It is only when we allowed ourselves to sink into our Lord that we were comforted. There are no words, no actions that we can do to take away this pain. There is only your Redeemer. Sink into Him, rest on Him, and give it all up. Julianna is healed, redeemed, glorified this day. May we all rejoice one day as she is placed in your arms in that perfect peace. May you feel that peace this day though you are not with her. May you feel the peace that comes with knowing your God has walked into this pain ahead of you and is holding you with each step.
Sink into him and rest.

I love you and am praying for you.

Kim Kulp

Lori said...

Dear Erica and Family,
We are so very sorry. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. My heart is breaking, I wish I had the right words for you.

The McCombs' said...

To the Reed Family,
Words cannot express the deep sympathy I'm feeling for all of you. Although things happen we don't understand, take comfort in that God is in control. He has been with you the whole time during this adoption journey and will continue until it is complete. Julianna was meant to be trully a Grannie Tudor angel baby in heaven. I will pray daily for peace from God that passes all understanding.
Love you! Allyson, Kevin and Shelby

Anonymous said...

Erica, Jason, & Ashton, I can hardly type this for crying. I don't know why you all are having to go through so many trials to give love and a family and a home to a sweet, innocent little child. I know you must sometimes feel like Job. I would. Sweet little Julianna is all right. She is in heaven with our Lord and I know your mom is holding her close and loving her. I am so sad to think that we will never see her little face on this earth. I was so much looking forward to seeing her grow up as we had family gatherings together -- hugging and loving her. I know Denise and Hannah and Hailey are heartbroken also. I have her picture that I copied from your blog on our refrigerator and I am going to leave it there. I copied the one today and have it right by me at the computer. I will never forget her or your journey and your faithfulness and example that you have set for all of us of what Christians should be.
I try not to ask "Why?" but it is very hard not to in this case. It's hard to believe that I could love someone so much that I have never seen except in a picture and miss them already. I guess it is because I love all of you so much. Please know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you to have strength to bear this latest sadness. My heart goes out to all of you. With my sympathy and love, Jo Anne Kelton

Mayme said...

Erica and Jason,
I don't have the words to say right now. My heart breaks for your family and I don't understand WHY. I know that we aren't supposed to understand but we are only human. I do know that thru your tribulation many lives are being touched and mine is one of them. Julianna is beautiful and I know that she is brightening heaven with that adorable smile.
Please call me if there is anything at all that I can do for you. You are in our prayers.

Rodney said...

Today I grieve for you and all your family is going through. This all seems so unthinkable and senseless to me right now. But,"He knows better than I." With that said, we must lay all this at His feet. He won't let you go. Nor will we. We will lift your family high in prayer and love as we seek God's comfort, strength, and healing during these days of heartache.

Rob and Candy said...

My heart is breaking with you. Praying for you all.
with love
candy

Elmira said...

Erica, Jason, and Ashton,
Words can simply not express how truly sorry we are to hear your news. We are just heart broken for you. Although we haven't had a lot of time together in person, taking this journey with you guys makes us feel connected to your family in a way that is special. We can only imagine how difficult this is. We will be praying daily for healing, strength to get through this time and peace for all of you.

Elmira and Steve Burke

Kristen said...

I, too, am lifting you to the Lord in prayer, heartbroken with you.

ethiHOPEia said...

We are so sorry to hear this and want you to know you are covered in prayers. May the loving Father pour peace into your hearts.
In Christ,
Forrest family

Feel free to contact us as we too lost Etsegenet in Ethiopia.

Debi said...

Reed family,
I just found your BLOG from Kim Kulp's BLOG.
I am so sad and sorry to hear of this great loss that you are facing. My heart and prayers are with you as you walk this journey.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Gina said...

So heartbroken for you. Keeping your family in my prayers.
Gina Corderman

K.P. said...

I am heartbroken for you and your loss. You are in our prayers.

KP

Kenneth Cooper said...

I am praying for your family.

Amy said...

I am so sorry and I am praying for you. Amy

Beth Z said...

I am a friend of Kim's & don't know you, but saw your link on her post. I am heart broken with you & for you. Thru tears am praying God's peace over you & your family. I am so very sorry.

Jason Egly said...

Reed Family --

We continue to pray for you during this difficult time. Thank you for your example of faith and obedience. You are inspiring many.

We pray blessings and healing for your family today.

The Eglys

Susie said...

I am so sorry. This is one of those losses that few will understand, and you will hold close to your hearts, as you honor your baby's life with memories.

I am so sorry. May the God of Heaven & Earth be your comfort.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing right now. Jason and Shelley Egly are dear friends of ours and I saw mention of your family on his site. I am a stranger, but a sister in Christ. My prayers will continue for your family.
Ellen Walley

jamullins said...

Praying for you. My heart is broken for your family.

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!