CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Maura's Dedication Gown

This past Saturday, I purchased Maura's dedication gown from Strasburg Children.  I've really been looking at gowns and after having found several that I just adored, Jason vetoed them due to their being too lacy, like a wedding dress, etc.  Anyway, I've kept going back to this dress over and over again because I like simple yet elegant.  It is a white silk dupioni gown with a smocked bodice with ecru hand embroidery - I love it.  Well, I went to Franklin and bought it then showed it to Jason - I knew he really didn't care but he seemed to like it too.  He said, "It's better than the others."  I'll take what I can get! 

Maura is going to be too long for my dedication gown because I've always been short, so I had to find something else for her.  I wanted something that wasn't stark white but more of an ecru and this outfit totally caught my eye!  I hope to have her dedicated in November since it is National Month of Adoption but we'll see what our pastor thinks when she gets home. 

2 comments:

Karrie Rooley said...

Oh, Erica it's beautiful! Maura will look just gorgeous in it! I can't wait to see her in it with her big brown eyes!

Debi said...

So precious. I can hardly wait to see sweet Maura in it.
May she know the love of God all the days of her life.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Introducing Maura Rohama Reed - Oct. 22, 2009

Gotcha Day Video - We're a Forever Family!

Don't forget to mute the music player on the right side of the screen!  You won't be able to hear the video if you don't.  Thanks for viewing!