Sorry for the lack of blogging but the internet became increasingly more difficult to access as the week progressed...not sure why, but it did. I had already started posts that include the traditional Ethiopian meal with wonderful video, Thanksgiving Day pics, and arrival home pics....so stay tuned in the next few days!
We arrived back home at 4:35 p.m. on Saturday! We almost missed our connecting flight from Charlotte to Nashville because the plane from DC to Charlotte was rather late due to mechanical trouble. As soon as we touched down on the runway and could exit, Jason took-out at a run with Maura Rohama while I collected 1 bag and then I ran through the airport. Fortunately, Jason arrived just as they announced last boarding call for Nashville and they held the plane for me. We were SO THANKFUL to finally board that last plane!
Maura did wonderful! She hardly cried at all the entire flight and maintained her happy, bubbly personality for the entire trip. So far, she hasn't cried much at all unless she has woken-up hungry or she wanted to be held. I have lots to post and will do as soon as possible! Right now, I am trying to send pics for families with care packages (they are taking forever to send, so please bear with me) and have to run to the grocery store and Maura has a 1/2 day appointment with an international pediatrician, so I've got to run!
It is SO WONDERFUL to see my baby finally sleeping in her cradle and crib!!!!!!!
10 comments:
Welcome Home!! So happy for the four of you. Thank you for pointing us to the Lord and His perfect timing and strength this entire time.
A welcome task to move that red arrow in the sidebar Adoption Process! Yay!! :-D
Woo hoo! Can't wait to read more. I love knowing she's home safe and sound with her forever family.
gina
YAY! SO GLAD the three of you are HOME with Ashton! PRAISE God! Enjoy your daughter!!!!!!!! :0)
Jaime
Welcome home! I am so happy for you all. She is beautiful!!!!
Welcome Home. Can't wait to see more pics of this little angel!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's about time you are home with your little angel!!
Welcome home!!
Thanking the LORD for His love and faithfulness every step on your amazing journey of faith!!
Take all the time you need to update the waiting families whose little ones you loved on. May every picture and little word bring hope and comfort to the hearts of these families who are still waiting.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi
Yeah!!!! Welcome home! I can't wait to meet your baby girl! God is so good! Sailor says "congratulations to Ashton on being a big brother!"
We will pray fervently for baby girl... she is soooo beautiful!! All your stories and photos in Addis Ababa were such a gift of love. Thank you for sharing your journey with your bloggy friends:)
You did a fantastic job journaling and keeping us updated!
We will keep you in prayer as you adjust and deal with health issues.
xoxo
Post a Comment